Brasil Ceras is a member of UEBT (Union for Ethical Biotrade), an initiative that contributes positively to sustainable development through ethical supply, policies and practices of social and corporate responsibility. In this sense, we developed the following actions that reveal our commitments to the principles of Biotrade:
- Encouraging the continuous increase in the volume of direct purchase of carnauba raw material, aiming to contribute to a fairer and more equitable distribution of the income generated to producers in our supply chain;
- Promoting free training in economic management, training all agents involved in our carnauba supply system, to improve the economic and social conditions of local communities;
- Providing training in good management practices, health, safety at work and sustainable use of biodiversity, in order to contribute to the sustainability of carnauba productive chain;
- Implementing – within the areas that supply us – a quantitative census of carnauba trees of productive age to monitor the health of the species, measuring productivity and appearance of new palm trees;
- Disseminating the principles of fair trade to everyone who is in our carnauba supply chain;
- Carrying out the acquisition of all raw materials, respecting the requirements contained in the TAC, and thus contributing to maintain decent working conditions in the carnauba productive chain.